Process: I went through several magazines to find the proper picture for the event that I was trying to make. I was then able to scan the picture and adjust it using iPhoto to change the exposure because I felt it was too washed out the way it was before I edited it. I learned a lot about using Word and learned that it had several features that could be beneficial if I was not able to use Adobe products and just had access to Word to make a flier.
Top 3 things learned:
1) I learned that designing in Microsoft Word can be really frustrating compared to using the more advanced InDesign program.
2) I learned that in Microsoft Word you are able to do several features that you can do in Adobe, so if I ever needed to throw a flier together with limited program access then I could use Word.
3) I learned that a lot of times when you think you have the best idea for a draft that sometimes your mind will open up and you will have several different ideas that are better than your original.
Program(s) / Tools used:
- Microsoft Word
Font #1 Name & Category: Hang Board 123, Decorative
Font #2 Name & Category: Arial, Sans Serif
Scanned images used, sources, original sizes: This image was from the Annual 2013 Secondhand Treasures magazine. The original size was 4” x 6”. I scanned the picture on high resolution so that I could adjust the size of the picture and not lose quality. Now the final size is 1690 x 1130 pixels.